I threw stuff in the crockpot and came up with this. It was delicious!
Dot's Mix-up in the Crockpot
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories: 135
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 16.7g
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 266mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 9.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe type: Crockpot
- 1 lb. 1 oz Ground Beef, 93% Fat Free (this is what I had)
- 2 cups Red, Yellow, Green Bell Peppers
- ⅔ cup Roasted Corn (Trader Joe's frozen)
- 1 cup Pinto Beans, dry
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes (1¾ cup)
- 1 can Tomato Sauce (1¾ cup)
- ¾ cup Black Japonica Rice (Trader Joe's)
- I cup Mushrooms, sliced (I used canned)
- Sprinkles of Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp basil
- ⅓ cup Tortilla Soup Mix (bulk foods at Winco)
- Cook up the ground beef.
- Add all the ingredients to the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. (I did it overnight for 12 hours on low)
I rinse my canned mushrooms with cold water, which seems to reduce the sodium content.