Dinner tonight! Another favorite. We both loved it and would make it again.
- Serves: 10
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories: 191
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrates: 22.6g
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Sodium: 578.7mg
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 15.5g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
Recipe type: Soups
Points 3.3 Points+ 4.8 Smart Points 6
- 1 lb - 9% Fat Ground Beef (Kirkland)
- ⅛ Tsp Garlic, minced (more if you love garlic)
- 4 cups Chicken Broth, less sodium [I used Swanson]
- 3 cups Pasta Sauce [I used Del Monte Tomato & Basil]
- 1 Tsp Italian seasonings
- ⅛ Tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1½ cups Onion, chopped
- 2 cups Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 4 Zucchini, medium, sliced
- 3 cups Mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 6 dry Whole Wheat/Grain Lasagna noodles (break into 1" size; equals 2½ cups dry noodle pieces) [I used Hodgson's Mill Whole Wheat, Whole Grain, Lasagna]
- In a nonstick pan, brown the ground beef and garlic until browned and crumbled.
- Drain the fat from the mixture through a colander.
- Place the drained ground beef into a large pot, uncovered. (I used my Dutch Oven).
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring soup to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
I used very little garlic in my recipe as garlic and I do not really get along well. Feel free to add more.